How to make remote-working work for your organisation
The introduction of remote working brings with it significant changes to the way people work and interact with each other. This has implications for the way managers need to manage. One challenge, for example, is that of creating a bond of mutual trust with the remote workers. Another is that of putting in place a solid framework for managing and developing at a distance.
This Pack has been developed to help you prepare, develop and manage remote workers so that they are positive, motivated and on top of their game.
Specifically, the aims of this Facilitator Guide are to help you:
• Prepare and plan the ‘people aspects’ and support the transition to remote working
• Support the development of key attributes for effectiveness as a remote worker
• Put in place a solid foundation for ongoing performance management
• Build strong and trusting working relationships with your team
• Approach your role as a remote manager on a strong footing.
The 66 page Guide includes:
• Background to Remote Working
• An introduction to the Profile and Workbook
• Guidelines for using the material on a 1-to-1 basis
• Detailed facilitation notes for running an optional half-day Group Workshop where participants explore the dynamics and implications of remote working, complete the assessments and identify the actions needed to enhance their effectiveness.
• The description of methodology
To complete the pack you also receive:
• A CD and hard copy of the group workshop presentation
• A copy of the Profile and Workbook
• A copy of the Feedback Booklet.