A complete fitness programme for coaches
Effective coaches equate to stronger leaders, more motivated employees, improved morale, and better communication in the workplace. So what does it take to become great?
While there are many skills and attributes of an effective coach, Get Fit for Coaching identifies and assesses areas of strength and improvement based on 5 critical skills found in research and literature: Building Rapport, Observing and Analysing, Questioning and Listening, Providing Feedback, and Facilitating Learning.
• Identify areas of strength and areas for improvement
• Provoke critical thinking on what it takes to be an effective coach
• Learn how to apply their new knowledge on the job.
Based on a review of literature and the available research on coaching, HRDQ’s Research and Development Team has identified 5 distinct skills associated with successful coaching. These 5 skills constitute the 5 competencies measured in the Get Fit for Coaching self-assessment.
The Coaching Process Model shows the open flow of communication back and forth between the coach and the person being coached. At the centre of the model are the 5 Coaching Competencies:
• Building Rapport
• Observing and Analysing
• Questioning and Listening
• Providing Feedback
• Facilitating Learning.
How It Works
The learning instrument produces a Coaching Competency Profile, comprised of individual assessment results and the peer feedback from up to 3 employees. The Profile shows areas of strength and improvement for each of the 5 vital competencies: Building Rapport, Observing and Analysing, Questioning and Listening, Providing Feedback and Facilitating Learning. To provide insight and practice, the Participant Guide provides interpretive information, tips for “keeping fit” in each competency area, exercises for each skill, and action planning.
Uses for Get Fit for Coaching
Get Fit for Coaching is appropriate for managers, supervisors, and team leaders at all levels. It can be used as:
• A stand-alone assessment or debrief
• An icebreaker for new coaches or individuals new to management
• Part of a comprehensive training programme on leadership development
For each participant, order 1 Participant Guide and up to 3 Feedback Forms.
Participant Guide includes:
• 25-item questionnaire
• Pressure-sensitive response form
• Interpretive information
• Description of the 5 Coaching Competencies
• The Coaching Process Model
• Coaching Competencies Profile
• Feedback Ratings Chart
• 10 self-directed activities (2 for each of the Coaching Competencies)
• Tips for actions to take when using each competency
• Action planning.
ONLINE VERSION ALSO AVAILABLE (See Related Products below)
* Telephone (01267) 281661 to set up a new online project. Please go to the Online Assessments section of the website for the full range of available Online Assessments.