Manage the development of high-performing employees through collaborative and constructive dialogue. By engaging employees daily in meaningful, performance-related conversations, managers build relationships and get results in a less awkward, more productive atmosphere.
Performance Management Through 5 Key Conversations presents 30 statements regarding current practices as a manager in developing high-performing employees. In scoring the assessment, participants determine their Overall Performance Management Score. In addition, participants create a self-profile showing scores for each of the 5 conversations. Feedback forms submitted by peers provide the data to create a second — or 'feedback' — profile. Finally, to prepare for meeting with employees, participants complete worksheets on each of the 5 conversations.
Performance Management Through 5 Key Conversations is effective when used alone or as part of a management development programme (flexible enough to be used at various stages). The instrument can be used in the following ways:
• To establish a new approach to performance management in an organisation
• To provide basic skills in performance management for new managers or supervisors
• To suggest an alternate or complementary approach to existing performance management techniques being used in an organisation.
Participant Guide includes:
• 30-item assessment
• Pressure-sensitive response form
• Descriptions of The 5 Key Conversations
• Tips for conversation planning and development (includes lists of typical employee concerns)
• Diagram for comparing self assessment with feedback
• Action planning (worksheets based on The 5 Key Conversations)