If you aren’t giving employees timely information about their performance, start now.
Learn how to design and implement a performance feedback programme that will help employees take performance to a higher level. The advice, tips, models and tools described in Performance Feedback will help you give more complete feedback to your employees. They will better understand what is expected of them and how they can improve in specific areas to meet the organisation’s expectations.
Performance Feedback consists of four chapters that cover the importance of feedback, developing a formal feedback system, using formal performance feedback and other types of feedback. Once you implement the performance feedback process outlined in this book, everyone will benefit.
• Understand what their supervisor thinks of their performance.
• Know what parts of their jobs are most important and be motivated to focus on them.
• Be clear on how their performance is measured and evaluated.
• Be given opportunities to share their career goals with their supervisor and gain information on their progress
• Know if any performance areas need improvement and the consequences of not improving in these areas.
Your organization will:
• Have current and accurate information on the professional growth and progress of employees.
• Have a system in place for determining annual compensation and raises based on performance.
• Have a written record of performance evaluations and feedback given.
• Understand the development needs of employees and be able to groom them for greater responsibilities.
This book is part of the HR Skills Series designed to help managers plan for and manage changes in such areas as consumer demand, workforce turnover, production and performance standards.