Are your managers guilty of undermanaging?
It's time to address the biggest problem in most workplaces - an undermanagement epidemic affecting managers at all organisational levels, in all industries.
It’s Okay to Be the Boss: The Management Workshop
Too many of today's supervisors, managers, and leaders are failing their staff and their organisations by ‘undermanaging.’
• They do not take charge on the day-to-day business basics
• They don't spell out expectations
• They don't keep track of performance measurements
• They don't correct mistakes or reward success.
Bruce Tulgan addresses the under-management epidemic in It’s Okay to Be the Boss: The Management Workshop . This one-day workshop provides clear, step-by-step ‘back-to-basics’ guidance to help individuals become strong, highly-engaged managers who know how to position their employees for success.
The one-day programme explains eight back-to-basics techniques that clearly show how managers at all levels can become capable, highly-engaged and develop the confidence and skills to:
• Manage everyday and conduct effective regular one-on-ones with direct reports
• Talk like a performance coach and communicate clearly and effectively
• Work effectively with each direct report individually and acknowledge their strengths and weaknesses
• Create an environment that holds employees accountable
• Make expectations of employees clear by telling people what to do and how to do it
• Monitor, measure, and document employee performance
• Solve small problems before they become big problems
• Tie rewards to performance.
• Understand the major components of leadership
• Identify the characteristics of a successful leader
• Evaluate personal leadership strengths and weaknesses by comparing your results to 'good' and 'poor' leaders
• Develop a personal action-plan for improving leadership skills and abilities.