What’s My Selling Style?, the newest addition to the ever-popular HRDQ Style Series™, helps individuals analyse how they typically behave in a sales situation, identify their customers’ styles, and learn how to adjust their own style to match their customer. With increased awareness and flexibility, salespeople can use style to maximise sales and rise above the competition.
• Identify your personal selling-style; Direct, Spirited, Systematic, or Considerate
• Understand how to leverage style strengths and avoid trouble spots
• Learn the clues to determine customers’ personal styles
• Discover how to adjust to match the customer’s style
• Find out how to sell to any personal style
Step-by-step one and a half hour workshop, 3 optional workshop activities, alternative training design, interpretive guide, action planning, PowerPoint® presentation, reproducible masters, wall-chart template, guidelines for using the e-assessment, and more.
What’s My Selling Style? and the other titles in the HRDQ Style Series™ are based on the well-known research and personality theories of psychologists Carl Jung, William Moulton Marston, and others. Most research has identified two basic dimensions of style, which we refer to as assertiveness and expressiveness. Assertiveness is the effort a person makes to influence or control the thoughts or actions of others. Expressiveness is the effort that a person makes to control his or her emotions and feelings when relating to others.
How It Works
What’s My Selling Style? can be self-administered and self-scored. Individuals are asked to respond to 20 statements. Results reveal a preference for one of 4 personal selling styles. Response time takes approximately 10-15 minutes. Scoring can be completed in 5-10 minutes.
It includes the potential strengths and trouble spots of each style, and also offers a quick guide for identifying a customer’s personal style, information about selling to every style, and an explanation of how to adjust personal style to match the customer. Finally, an action planning section helps individuals to focus on improving selling rapport with a customer who's style is different from their own.
Uses for What’s My Selling Style?
What’s My Selling Style?is appropriate for all salespeople, in any type of organisation. It can be used as a stand-alone training tool or as component in any sales-related training programmes. Effective uses include:
• Basic skill building
• Motivator or refresher for experienced salespeople
What to Order
Order one Participant Guide per person.
Participant Guide contents:
• 20-item assessment with pressure-sensitive scoring
• Interpretive information
• Charts depicting style strengths and trouble spots
• 'Identifying Different Styles' chart
• 'Selling to Every Style' chart (guidelines for selling)
• Action planning worksheet
ONLINE VERSION ALSO AVAILABLE (See Related Products below)
* Telephone (01267) 281661 to set up a new online project. Please go to the Online Assessments section of the website for the full range of available Online Assessments.