Learn how to treat people with respect and dignity
Author Peter Garber not only helps you implement a reduction of force in your organisation. He also presents important factors you must consider as you go through the process.
How do you ensure each person is treated with respect and dignity? Garber gives his insight into this sensitive area as well as advice such as:
• Don’t blame yourself,
• focus on what you can control,
• develop a plan and…
• don’t make things worse for employees.
Get answers to such questions as:
• When should you make a public announcement?
• Will you have to re-assign employees who are staying to pick up the slack?
• How will employees be informed?
• What should you tell employees about long-term job security?
• How can you ensure a legally defensible plan?
• How can you restore morale moving forward?
In seven chapters, the book covers:
• Human Side of Downsizing
• Details of Implementation
• Organisational Changes
• Legal Implications
• Moving Forward
• Making the New Organisation Work
The book concludes with a checklist of the principal tasks involved in a downsizing initiative.
HR Skills Series
This book is part of the HR Skills Series designed to help managers plan for and manage changes in such areas as consumer demand, workforce turnover, production and performance standards.