Have job openings to fill in your company? It’s time to think out-of-the-box.
The traditional workforce model of full-time and part-time employees no longer works for many organisations. In today’s global economy, you need a variety of different strategies. Alternative Workforce Strategies not only presents alternatives to the traditional model of hiring permanent workers, but also real-life situations in which they have worked.
In four chapters, author Peter Garber will walk you through how to:
• Consider all the factors when seeking solutions that work in your industry and business
• Select the most appropriate strategy for your specific employment needs and business goals
• Evaluate the impact a new arrangement may have
• Consider your permanent employees and how they may feel
• Prepare thoroughly to anticipate, prevent and minimize any negative effects on productivity or morale
• Communicate your new strategy so employees know exactly how they will be affected when contract or short-term workers are brought on board
• Provide the proper training
See how real-life businesses are covering peak periods, using seasonal workers, contracting out warehouses, outsourced data processing and off-shoring call centers. There is no better guide available to helping you meet the challenge of identifying the best employment strategy for your organisation.
This book is part of the HR Skills Series designed to help managers plan for and manage changes in such areas as consumer demand, workforce turnover, production and performance standards.